One of the most routine procedures that a Baltimore Oral Surgeon performs is tooth extraction and replacement. You may need this procedure for a variety of reasons:
- Decay is causing other health concerns, such as infection.
- An incomplete set of teeth is limiting your diet and preventing you from smiling freely and confidently.
- A fractured tooth or a tooth with a failed root canal is no longer functioning or is unsightly.
As a patient in Owings Mill, Teeth in a Day treatment from The Maryland Center can resolve each of these concerns and give you back a complete, fully functioning, and natural-looking smile.
Teeth in a Day Means No Transitional Period
For Owings Mill patients, Teeth in a Day is a same-day solution:
- The Maryland Center uses dental implants to create permanent tooth roots: anchors that promote bone growth and healthy jaws.
- During the same procedure, the oral surgeon attaches temporary crowns to these implants.
- Patients leave The Maryland Center with a complete set of teeth.
After a few months, the dental implants should establish a strong bond with the jaw bone, essentially replacing the original tooth roots. The patient’s general dentist exchanges the temporary crowns with permanent teeth in a later procedure.
The Teeth in a Day Process
The Maryland Center replaces as many teeth as you require. Dental implants can restore as few as a single tooth (one tooth root and one crown) or the full arch of teeth. Your oral surgeon can:
- Create replacement tooth roots.
- Anchor a complete set of implant-supported replacement teeth.
- Perform the procedure on both the upper and lower jaw.
Your surgeon will choose the number of tooth roots and the surgical approach based on your individual needs. At The Maryland Center, our professionals prioritize durable replacement teeth that look and feel like your own and offer you the same functionality as your original teeth.
If you are interested in restoring your smile and want a seamless transition, consider Teeth in a Day. Owings Mill patients can contact their local office of The Maryland Center at 410-363-7780.